Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Fake-out Clothing


         Yesterday St. Bob suggested I put my phone in my pocket.  I said, “I don’t have any pockets.”

          He smiled, ready to prove me wrong and tried to put his hand in my pocket. Needless to say, he was stunned that someone had made shorts with fake pockets.


          “They don’t do this to men,” I said. “Men wouldn’t put up with it.”  And yet fakery abounds in women’s fashions.

          Culottes pretend to be skirts. 

          A dickey pretends to be a turtleneck sweater. 

          Fake shirt tails pretend to be entire shirts. 

          And single, all-in-one tops pretend to be twin sets.

          Another pair of pants I own even has a pretend button, zipper, AND pockets.

     Oh, well. At least you never have to worry that your fly is open.

          But if it were, you could still sit at home, enjoying life hacks on my Youtube Mom videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment