I told St. Bob I didn’t want a fuss for my birthday. Just let it come and go, you know? So he said he’d take me to a hotel downtown for a timeshare dinner, then we’d stay overnight, have breakfast, and come home. Easy peasy, (even queasy, if you think about the timeshare pitch).
So… off we go. Turns out to be a very nice hotel, with a two-story lobby. As we are in line to check in, Bob points to the balcony above us. “What’s that?” he asks. I look up. I see these people waving from the balcony:
Every one of our kids is there, two have flown in. Our DIL-to-be is there. Friends we’ve had for 50 years have also flown in, and all of them are standing there, waving.
I thought I’d
faint. So many people I love, just like going into Heaven. At least that’s how
I imagine it. Here are my 6'4" sons:
Here are all of us, with St. Bob, daughter Nicole, and future DIL, Melissa:
We visit and catch up with everyone:
AND THEN… he takes us all to The Kitchen, a Michelin Star restaurant where you’re served course after course (a dozen courses?) of incredible food. It takes four glorious hours. These are just a few samples:
I’ve never had
such a wonderful surprise. Turned out I really did want a fuss. Thank you, St. Bob!
As long as you’re sitting down, why not join 10K
subscribers and watch some of my Youtube Mom videos?
No comments:
Post a Comment