Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Just Sign Here, Please


          In my last blog I told you I signed “Zorro” on all my hospital forms. This is absolutely true. My handwriting is so sloppy that it kind of looks like the way I sign Joni Hilton anyway. But St. Bob found out and was a bit concerned that I might get in trouble. 
          You mean worse trouble than having a mastectomy (twice, if you count the repair), then nose dermabrasion, then having lymph nodes removed? And I lost count of the biopsies in the clinical trial. I’d like to see what further “trouble” they can conjure up!
          Does he think this is going to go on my permanent record? I mean on Zorro's permanent record? 
          Or maybe he’s worried they’ll want to take everything back. Oh, be my guest!  Rewind that tape and return the breast and the lymph nodes? Sign me up. “Uh, here’s the tissue we removed, Ma’am.” And what can they possibly repossess-- stitches? I need those removed anyway.
          How about a lawsuit?  This I would welcome because I guarantee the judge will step down off the bench, come over to me and give me a high five. 
          Same thing happened when I was called to jury duty and then dismissed for being a comedy writer.
          Zorro it is.
Have you ever read a book by Zorro? Aha-- now you can. Well, sort of. Find all my books right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment