Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Danish Magic

          Think about going through the security check at the airport.  You’ve probably taken off your jacket, your shoes, stuffed them into a plastic bin, walked through a metal detector.  All the usual stuff, right?
          But have you ever been stopped so you could watch something entertaining?  Here’s what happened on the way to Denmark. The TSA guy (probably called something else there, and with a lot more letters) stopped me. “I’d like to perform a trick,” he said.
          A little bit random, right? I also have a flight to catch. But I like magic, so okay. St. Bob and I have recently been watching a magician on TV, so this should break up the monotony of boarding a flight.
          The fellow held out both his hands, palms up. Aha. I know this one. He’s going to make a coin appear.
          Or maybe a card.
          Then he motioned for me to do the same. I happily held out my hands. Then he swiped them with that litmus paper thing they rub over your luggage to see if you’re covered with bomb dust.
          And then it hit me. He wasn’t saying “perform a trick,” he was saying “perform a check.” Well, dang!  Get my hopes up and then accuse me of being a terrorist.
          HOWEVER, when we got to our utterly amazing place to stay, right on the shore of the Baltic Sea, 
it turns out there really was magic!  Down the beach was a place called The Magic Forest and it truly was:
          So, Mr. Airport Security Guy, I got to be part of something magical, after all.
          And, just like magic, you can click here to watch my YouTube Mom videos. There I am, right on your screen!

No comments:

Post a Comment