Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Bumber? Shoot!

          I don’t think husbands should be allowed to read minds.  St. Bob probably knows I am thinking this, but it’s still my position.
          Here is the latest example of an infraction.  For Christmas he gave me a FABULOUS McKenzie Childs umbrella. 
You know how crazy I am about this design line, because you read here about my painting my grandfather clock in that style.

This umbrella folds up neatly into a travel sized sleeve,

so I’ve been keeping it in my car for a rainy day.
The problem is that in March we get a lot of rainy days where I live.  So St. Bob decided to ask if I’ve tried out my gift, yet.
I paused.
“Let me guess,” he said. “You’re afraid to get it wet.”
And here is where I clamp my hands over my forehead and say, “Get out of there!  That's private property.” 

And yes, that is exactly the situation. I love my umbrella too much to use it.  Like those women (and you know who you are) who never use the good china or the expensive perfume.  I am now in your club.  So we have to agree to stop meeting and overcome our craziness.
This week I’m going to Seattle.  And I am USING my umbrella.
And while I’m gone you can surprise me by ordering one of my books! 

2 comments: