Tuesday, February 8, 2022

My Second Childhood

         Let’s start with the truth: You can’t have a second childhood if you’re still having your first one. And I have never, truly, grown up. Every week I still play with the absolutely adorable little girl who lives across the street. And her younger brother. I’ve been doing this for four years. My worry is that she will turn 10, then 15, then 20, and I’ll still be five.

          Our latest exciting discovery is that fairies have built an entire village under a tree in my back yard! 

          They’ve also installed a door by my fireplace, and have left fairy dust beside it. When you open it, it says, “Faeries Only” and there’s a tiny handprint that my 7-year-old Bestie says must be where you put your hand to gain entrance. 

        

           They’ve built another door on my front porch that exactly matches the color of my front door! This one doesn’t open but we are hunting for a key, or other clues about how to get it to open. 

          We keep watching to catch a glimpse of them, and we listen carefully as well. We know they don’t show up in photos, so that eliminates the chance of them getting caught on camera.   But one of these days we’ll see them gardening, flying through the treetops, or walking across the little bridge. We just know it.

While you await magical visitors you can watch my Youtube Mom videos right here!

No comments:

Post a Comment