Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Avalanche!

           I was in JoAnn’s Fabrics trying to buy a poster. Easy enough, right?

          Wrong. See the rack? See all the stacks of paper? Well, they can simultaneously decide to come tumbling out, just like snow on the face of a mountain.


          I pulled ONE poster and dozens of them—in all colors-- came pouring over me, knocking me down and causing me to scramble about trying to collect them all, stack them right, and re-insert them into the rack.

          Did any employee or customer rush to my rescue? No. I was left to my own diminishing wits, trying to restore order and line up corners.

          Have you ever seen a juggler trying to juggle posters or even papers? No, you have not. This is because, like live birds, they take wing and fly all over the place. It’s total bedlam.


          In my valiant efforts I even managed to pull a muscle in my back. Finally I got home, but could I get that muscle rubbed by St. Bob? No, because just the previous day I had a mole removed in the EXACT SAME SPOT, so there was an incision and stitches right above my pulled muscle.

          It’s like the posters knew.

          Next week I’ll show you why I needed a poster. Meanwhile, check out my Youtube Mom videos here.

1 comment: