Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Is This What St. Really Stands For?

          Two weeks ago I blogged about how lucky I am and whataguy Bob is, right?  So I think I’m safe sharing this latest moment with you. After all, even when we love each other, we all have times when we can also laugh at ourselves.  At least I hope so.
          St. Bob and I were driving past an outdoor café, and this is what Bob saw out his window (except the ones we saw were black):
          “What are those people doing?” he gasped.  I looked over, saw the black-robed creatures and then looked at Bob to see if he was joking.  Nope; he thought these were some kind of scarily-clad individuals. Were they protesting? Holding a meeting?  Staging a takeover of the local sushi joint?
          I waited for it to dawn on him that these were patio umbrellas, then said, “You’re so cute.”
          He smirked.  “Is that cute spelled with an S?”
          I laughed.  “Followed by a  t, u, p, i, d?” Then it occurred to me: What a perfect explanation for his nickname, St. Bob.  We can just say St. stands for, well, something else.

But you can get actual saint status by ordering my books right here! There’s something for everyone; scroll through and start the New Year right!

2 comments: