Tuesday, August 29, 2023

And You Can NOT Quote Me!

         For our recent celebration of St. Bob’s birthday, I posted 20 of his quotes around the house.  I asked the kids for his well-known expressions, and the suggestions came pouring in.



          
Being from Louisiana, he uses “lagniappe,” and other Cajun phrases from time to time. He also corrects people who say pray-leen, and tells them it’s praw-leen.

          Then I got thinking. What if the kids ever do that for me? I can only imagine the phrases I’m known for. They will read like an Alzheimers’ test:

           Why did I come in here?

          Where is my cell phone?

          What’s today?

          Let’s watch this movie (You’ve seen it) No I haven’t (Yes you have; you didn’t like it) Oh.

          Who’s in the mood for ice cream?

          Who wants to help me garden? (I do a pretty good Little Red Hen impersonation.)

          Who can help me with the computer?

          Is it hot in here to you?

          Let’s look at the dessert menu.         

Or, who knows—maybe they’ll say, “For terrific life hacks, check out my Youtube Mom videos here.”



No comments:

Post a Comment