Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Welcome to "Guess My Phobia"

        I have several highly phobic friends. They can’t be in tight spaces (claustrophobia), fly on airplanes (aerophobia), or be atop a high cliff (acrophobia).  Two have ophidiophobia, fear of snakes. I’m not wild about spiders inside (arachnophobia), though I love to see them and their amazing webs outside.

          Are you afraid of anything? I mean, we’re all afraid of an armed attacker, right?  But I mean something irrational. In case you’d like to add some color and pizzazz to your personality, here are some quirky ones you can adopt:

Anthophobia: Fear of flowers, which lets you off the hook for buying expensive ones.


Barophobia: Fear of gravity, which puts you in a precarious position unless you’re a permanent astronaut.


Cibophobia: Fear of food, which can help you avoid being served items you don’t like, but it won’t explain an expanding waistline.

Ephebiphobia: Fear of teenagers. But in my opinion, this one is completely rational and should be shared by the entire populace.

Chromophobis: Fear of colors. Good luck finding peace of mind with this one.

Octophobia: No, it isn’t fear of octopuses. It’s fear of the number 8. I wonder how people landed on that particular number to fear. Does it make people fear times and dates? On the other hand, you have a built-in timer for every eight minutes.

There’s even phobophobia, the fear of phobias, in which case you wouldn’t even be reading this, I guess.

There’s even one you might already have, and not know it. It’s Fragapanophobia, the fear of birthdays. 


People get depressed as theirs approaches, and they don’t want anyone to acknowledge their birthday. I, however, cannot get too much hoopla, so I say bring it on. In fact, today is my actual birthday, so Happy Birthday to Me!

Celebrate by checking out my life hacks right here!

No comments:

Post a Comment