Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Singles' Conference

          I recently had the immense pleasure of meeting three knock-out, amazing women:  Al Fox Carraway, Zandra Vranes, and Tamu Smith.
          We were all scheduled speakers at a huge Singles’ Conference in San Diego and had more fun together than should probably be legal.  Let me just say that these women are inspiring and hilarious, and if you ever get the chance, run--don’t walk-- to go see them.         
          Al Fox Carraway joined the LDS Church in 2009, and a couple of years later her “Tattooed Mormon” blog went viral.  Today she’s greeted like a rock star (totally deserved; she is authentic and adorable), and her conversion story is unforgettable.  Check her out here
          Zandra Vranes and Tamu Smith are Sistas in Zion, two of the most uproarious women you could ever meet.  They’re the authors of Diary of Two Mad Black Mormons, they have a radio show, and you can read all about them here
          Nel Hardy coordinated everything, and kudos to a woman who can plan an entire weekend jam-packed with joy for hundreds of people.  So today, instead of sharing my latest humorous observations, I’m sharing links to three cool women you need to know and follow.
          And, okay, if you want to watch an uber cool music video that will make you stand up and cheer, check out What Makes a Woman from my new musical, "The Best Medicine," here.  It refutes the pop culture message that we should be judged by our appearances, and promotes Breast Cancer Awareness as well.  And then, since that link takes you to my website, check out my YouTube Mom videos, and mosey on over to my "Books" tab and buy a novel or two!


2 comments:

  1. I'm sure you crushed it! Wish I could have been there!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks-- we had such a great time. Wish you could have been there, too!

      Delete