Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Lose 5 Pounds in 5 Minutes!

          You think you’ve tried every weight loss gimmick known to man?  Every sure-fire diet, every trick in the book?  Aha.  I have a new one.
          I was running errands with St. Bob after a business meeting, which meant I was wearing a black pencil skirt that’s been feeling a bit snug, lately.  We needed to stop at The Cell Phone Store, where I never fully understand all the conversations, but try to nod as if I do.
He parked and I hopped out of the car.  As I clickety-clacked through the parking lot in my high heels, I suddenly noticed my skirt didn’t seem all that snug anymore.  As I stepped up onto the curb, I could tell I had at least another inch of room around my waist, having shrunk at least an entire size just since getting out of the car!  And this was on National Donut Day (!) after consuming the legally required pastry (I am nothing if not law abiding).
A broad smile crept onto my face as I enjoyed my new skinny self, imagining how fun it would be to go home and fit into all my skinny clothes again.  This skirt felt great!  I felt great!  Exhilarated, even.
And then St. Bob sidled up next to me and said, “You know, your skirt is unzipped in back.” 
Yes, somehow the zipper had worked its way down and my skirt was now in danger of falling to the ground around my ankles.
          I stopped cold in my tracks, reached around, and zipped it up, corset-tight again.  But I shall always remember my miracle diet, and the glory that was mine for all of five minutes.
If you haven’t visited my website in awhile, take a look-see here.  There’s a wonderful music video right at the top of the home page, that you’re going to want to share with every woman you know!

          

No comments:

Post a Comment