Monday, October 5, 2026

Do Not Give Me a Ring

       Our daughter agreed to watch someone’s pets while they were away. I sent her a text, asking how it was going and here’s what she wrote back:

          The dog is highly neurotic and has a piercing bark that makes the metal in the house ring. But there’s a cute cat.

          Can you imagine?  Think of all the metal in your home. Let’s start with your computer. How about doorknobs and hinges?  An entire oven. 


Faucets, curtain rods, pots and pans,


jewelry, chairs, blenders, light fixtures,


we could do this all day. And every bit of it is ringing!

          I’m thinking you should not only offer your guests earplugs, but those giant headphones that can block noise.


          I would be falling onto the couch and covering my head with cushions.

          But our sweet daughter always looks on the bright side and points out the cute cat.  


           She’s definitely the one for this job.

There is no easy life hack for a ringing house. But there are hundreds of others right here on my Youtube Mom channel. Join 10K other subscribers!

No comments:

Post a Comment