Tuesday, September 29, 2026

CATasrophe

           I am stunned. Astonished, amazed, dumbfounded, speechless (okay, I’m never actually speechless), appalled, shocked, and a little offended.

          There are some neighbor cats who apparently do not like me. 


         Yes. There, I’ve said it--- words I never thought would enter my mind. I have always had a way with cats, even feral cats, yet there are five cats belonging to my French neighbors at the back of our house, who will not come close.

          I have made kitty sounds, gently called them, and I even bought cat toys and scattered them over my patio.

I have not fed them, because I am a good neighbor and do not want to steal these cats, I just want to be friends with them.

          They have no fear about coming into my yard to use it as a passageway to my street. They may even think it’s an extension of their own yard. But when I come to the door—they streak back up the hill as if I’m cocking a gun.

          I have placed cardboard boxes with little doorways in my yard.


          I have rolled jingly plastic balls across the walkways.

          I have dangled strings of yarn for them to chase.

          My next plan? French lessons.

          Meanwhile, you can watch short life hacks with my 10K subscribers to my Youtube Channel right here. None of them tell you how to befriend scaredy cats.   

No comments:

Post a Comment