Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Hold the Phone-- But Not There!

          This is an open letter to anyone involved in cell phone design. I am THIS CLOSE to hurling my phone at a nearby wall, but you can save the day.

          Stop designing the phones with buttons on the sides. This is where our fingers are when we hold the device.  

Literally every time I hand my phone to St Bob so he can see a photo or video, the minute he takes it, the picture vanishes. This is because he is a human being with fingers.

The sides are also where you have placed on/off buttons and volume buttons. Not only are they exactly where we grab our phones, but they start working the minute we touch the sides.

          Instead, why not put these buttons on the top or bottom? Nobody holds their phone by those sides.  It would keep them from being pressed accidentally, and the world would be a happier place.

Good ideas? You betcha. And I’m not even an engineer!

But I am the Youtube Mom, and you can watch my short life hack videos here.

No comments:

Post a Comment