Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Our Marriage Secret

         Someone recently asked me how St. Bob and I have such a good marriage.  There’s no single answer but I’ll admit we both said, “humor” at the same time.

          And, of course, there’s much more to it than amusement. But laughing does take up a pretty good chunk of the day.

          Sometimes I’m laughing with him, and sometimes, well, at the predicaments he’s in. Last month he texted someone about his cold, and said he’s gravely. 

          “Oh, no—” he said. “They’re going to think I’m gravely ill!”  What he had meant to write was gravelly.  Ah, the difference one L makes.

          “You’re starting rumors,” I said.

          And then, something he’s said for years: “I resemble that remark.”

          “That’s an old joke, Mister,” I told him.

          Then St. Bob, in his usual quick style, said, “I’m an old mister. No joke.”

          Yep, that definitely adds a little zing to the marriage.

Add some zing to your Christmas with a truly heartwarming story: A Little Christmas Prayer. It's the perfect small book to give to everyone on your gift list!

No comments:

Post a Comment