Tuesday, February 27, 2018

My Spirit Animal is a Donut


          My spirit animal is a donut.  I have not taken the test, but I’m pretty sure this would be the answer. 
          Our daughter has given us several other personality tests, from the five love languages to the ones that place you in leadership categories or, for all I know, psychotic categories. 
          On the Myers-Briggs one, St. Bob and I got exactly the same evaluation.  We’re both ENFJs, “The Protagonist,” a charismatic leader.  This means we’re both imaginative, enthusiastic, chatty, and persuasive. 
          There’s another assessment that points you to your dominant energy type (there are four). I’m a Type One.  This means I’m bright, animated, and fun loving.
          On the Color Code test I’m mostly yellow.  Although I have enough of the other colors as secondary ones that I think the mix would looks more like mud. Wait-- make that chocolate milk.
Long ago I took an online test to see if I’m more right brain than left brain, and it said half and half.
I took it three more times to see if we could narrow it down, but every time it said I’m half and half. (And no comments from you monkey children about my possibly having half a brain.)  Actually, this makes sense because I’m both right-brain creative and left-brain organized.
          But testing is not new to me. When I was ten, my father (a psychologist) gave me the MMPI, a test usually only given to adults.  Whatever. You can read what that revealed here.
          But I’m always puzzled as to why people even take personality tests.  Don’t you already know that you’re shy, or outgoing, or whatever?  Who actually gasps in amazement at the results? 
          And this is how I already know my spirit animal.  It is a donut, and it is calling to me even now.  While I make a quick dash to the donut shop, you can order my books here.


2 comments:

  1. I can't view the link to the personality test results. I enjoyed the rest of your post. :) Donuts as a spirit animal is pretty funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! And try this link: http://jonihilton.blogspot.com/search?q=ever+taken+this+test

      Delete